Monday, January 3, 2011

Cinnamon Twists

I tried out this recipe last night and then today tried it out with a bit of a variation. I loved it! It's a great, easy, and delicious dessert idea! Enjoy!

Cinnamon Twists
Makes: 20
Time: 1 hour

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. yeast
3 1/2 cups flour (I used a combination of white and wheat flour which was yummy)
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs. butter
Cinnamon Sugar mixture (Make however much you want!)

Directions:
Combine first three ingredients and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Add in flour and salt. Mix until smooth. Let this sit for 10 minutes, covered.
Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface. Brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Fold in half and slice into one inch strips. Twist and place on a cookie sheet. Let those sit for another 15-20 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar as desire.
Drizzle with or dip in frosting and enjoy!

Frosting: So I don't measure out my ingredients for frosting. I do about a tablespoon of butter, 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, a splash of milk and a couple teaspoons of vanilla. I just mess with it until it gets to the consistency I want and it tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment