Sunday, June 20, 2010

grandma's buttermilk pancakes

Since we don't have church until one o'clock, I decided to make a yummy breakfast. This is my Grandma Ricks' recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes. They are my dad's favorite!

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 c milk
1 large egg
1 Tbs oil

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, egg, and oil. Stir well.
Add flour mixture. Stir well.
Then make your pancakes! Yummy!

**So in my family, we're all about cheese pancakes. I know that sounds crazy but they're actually very delicious. Cut up little cubes of cheese, then, toss them on top of your pancake batter after you've poured it onto the hot skillet. Then cook and flip like normal. You can see my cheese pancakes in the picture below on the right. Serve with syrup and/or peanut butter.**

1 comment:

  1. My family always puts cheese in pancakes, too! yummm....we love it. Most people think it's crazy until they try it. Then they love it!

    ReplyDelete